In celebration of Grimdark Magazine's first release on the 1st of October, 2014, we're running a competition. Join our mailing list or pre-order issue number 1 (and join our mailing list) for the chance to win either an annual subscription or the first issue of Grimdark Magazine for free.
Winning is simple.
- Be the 1st, 100th, 200th, etc, person to sign up to our mailing list before 23:59 September 30th (AEST) and you'll get a free membership for the first year. That's 4 free editions of Grimdark Magazine.
- Be the 25th, 50th, 75th, 125th, 150th, 175th, etc, person to sign up to our mailing list before 23:59 September 30th (AEST) and receive the first edition of Grimdark Magazine for free.
- All people that joined Grimdark Magazine's mailing list prior to the 00:01 21st of September, 2014, will be entered into a separate draw. The prizes are one (1) annual membership and two (2) first issues. Winners will be picked randomly out of a hat. If a Winner has pre-paid for the first issue, the payment will be refunded in full.
Competition winners will be announced on Grimdark Magazine's Facebook page and by email on the 1st of October, 2014.
Joining Grimdark Magazine's mailing list means we'll be able to notify you of new issue releases. We will respect your privacy, only using your details for the purpose that they were obtained - notifying you by email of our quarterly ezine releases. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Pre-order here or click this whopping great green button to get on the list and into the competition!
You're able to opt out of the mailing list:
- After 23:59 October 2nd 2014 by emailing email@example.com. You'll remain in the competition.
- Before 23:59 October 2nd 2014 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll be removed from the competition.
Notice to Australian NSW and ACT residents: NSW lottery permit: LTPS-14-07625. Unfortunately for ACT residents, we won't be able to get into the permit queue in time. We'll make it up to you guys in the next competition.
- The competition runs from 00:01 21st September 2014 AEST to 23:59 30th September 2014 AEST.
- If an entrant removes themselves from Grimdark Magazine's mailing list prior to 23:59 2nd October 2014 AEST (based upon the time stamp on the email sent to email@example.com), then the entrant is removed from the competition and ineligible to win prizes. The next entrant on the list will take their place.
- Upon prizes being awarded, winners will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the choice of a file format for distribution of the prize. This email will be sent by 23:59 1st October, 2014 AEST.
- File formats available are .epub (iBooks, Nook, etc), .mobi (Kindle), .pdf.
- Each entrant may only enter using one email address. If an entrant is found to have used multiple email addresses to enter, all email addresses for that entrant will be removed from the competition.
- There is no financial cost, expectation, or requirement to enter. Just an email address and name.
- The major prizes, 4 free issues of Grimdark Magazine (issues 1,2,3 and 4), will be provided on the issue's respective release date. Issue 1 will be provided after the entrant has nominated the preferred file format. Each issue will be provided to the winner in one file format only.
- The minor prizes, 1 free issue of Grimdark Magazine (issue 1), will be provided on the release date, after the entrant has nominated the preferred file format. The issue will be provided to the winner in one file format only.
- Where a winner does not respond to a request to choose a format before 23:59 31st October, 2014 AEST, the prize will be sent to the the next person on the list (eg. if the winner who is #25 on the list does not respond to the email from Grimdark Magazine, the entrant listed as #26 becomes a winner. The prize originally intended for entrant #25 will be sent to entrant #26).
- Due to privacy reasons (not knowing when they signed up to the Grimdark Mailing list that there would be a competition and winner announcement on social media) winners of the lucky (hat) draw will only be notified via email.
As one of the methods used to distribute this competition will be through a Facebook post with and without paid advertising, the following disclaimers apply:
- By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
As one of the methods used to distribute this competition will be through a Twitter tweet, the following disclaimers apply:
- While we appreciate any re-tweets of our competition, retweeting or hash-tagging from multiple user accounts will not advance your chances in the competition, and may lead to sanctions from Twitter.