Welcome to game world
Customer Supportadrian@grimdarkmagazine.com

Marketplace: Mike Myers Editing Services

Mike Myers Editing Services

Since joining the GdM team as content editor for our second issue, Mike Myers has edited short fiction by R. Scott Bakker (The Second Apocalypse), Mike Brooks (Keiko), Matthew Ward (Black Library), Richard Ford (Steelhaven), Aliette de Bodard (Dominion of the Fallen), David Annandale (Black Library), Michael R. Fletcher (Manifest Delusions), Peter Fugazzotto (Hounds of the North), and Peter Orullian (Vault of Heaven), among others, and a host of articles, reviews, and blog posts. He has also worked on two non-fiction monographs by Oxford-published author Alex Wright and proudly contributed post-proofreading services to the monumental Jack Vance Integral Edition, the definitive edition of the SFWA Grand Master’s complete works. Mike has a BA in British literature from Brown University, an MA in British and American literature from California State University, an MS in English language arts education from Long Island University, and an MBA (that he hopes never to use again) from University of South Florida.

Exclusive Services

Mike offers a full range of editing services from substantive editing to copyediting and proofreading.

Payment Terms

A 25% non-refundable deposit is required at the beginning of the project, and the remaining 75% is due upon completion. Various methods of payment are accepted.

Making a Purchase

You can contact Mike directly to discuss his availability, timing, and price via email: mikemyersemail@gmail.com.

References

Mike has edited two of my books and added tremendous value on both occasions. He is the kind of close reader every writer should want, with great narrative instincts, a laser eye for detail, and a masterly command of English grammar and usage. Each time I've handed Mike a manuscript, he's made it markedly better.

Alex Wright
Author of Glut: Mastering Information Through The Ages and Cataloging the World: Paul Otlet and the Birth of the Information Age.

Mike’s editing style is reminiscent on an old school boxing coach. He relentlessly focuses on the fundamentals, his advice is full of practical wisdom and he doesn’t pull any punches when pointing out when the text is failing. He’s the editor every writer wants in his corner. Highly recommended.

Peter Fugazotto
Author of “The King Beneath the Waves” (Grimdark Magazine #3)

Mike’s editing took GdM to the next level in the quality of copy we sold in each issue. The authors we’ve published have had naught but positive things to say about his editing abilities. In my own work, I find him to the point, knowledgeable in the quirks and quibbles of English literature beyond belief, and a sound judge of story, structure, and character.

Adrian Collins
Editor in Chief, Grimdark Magazine